- This event has passed.
Book Talks in Washington, DC
October 20, 2017 - October 22, 2017Free
DC’s Bilingual Revolution: Join us for one of nine events over the weekend of October 20th-22nd!
In response to the skyrocketing and unmet demand for dual language programs in the District, DC Immersion is organizing a series of events to empower communities of every ethnic and linguistic background to effectively advocate for bilingual education in every corner of the District.
This multilingual series of family-friendly events will be held in schools, book stores, art centers, playgrounds and private homes in every ward of the District, including Bloombars, Barry Farm Recreation Center playground, Mass Place (in Spanish), Takoma Community Center playground, Walls of Books, Anne Beers DCPS (in French), Maya Angelou PCS and the houses of Matt, Jessica (TBC) and Suzanne (TBC).
All events are free last approximately one hour. Childcare, coffee and light refreshments will be provided where possible. Yes, you are welcome.
DC Immersion’s new Parent Advocacy Toolkit “How to Start a Multilingual Program in your Community” will be distributed to all participants.
Hosted by DC Language Immersion Project in conjunction with Moms Rising/Mamas con Poder, with the support of the Alfred and Jane Ross Foundation.
- Oct. 20 at 6PM: Talk and Book Signing at Walls of Books
- Oct. 21 at 10AM: Talk and Book Signing at The Playground at Takoma Community Center
- Oct 21 at 2PM: Talk and Book Signing at The Playground at Barry Farm Recreation Center
- Oct 21. at 4PM: Talk and Book Signing at Beers Elementary School (IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH)
- Oct. 21 at 6PM: Talk and Book Signing at Sara’s House
- Oct. 22 at 10AM: Talk and Book Signing at Suzanne’s House
- Oct. 22 at 1PM: Talk and Book Signing at The Hall at Mass Place (IN SPANISH)
- Oct. 22 at 3PM: Talk and Book Signing at BloomBars
- Oct. 22 at 6PM: Talk and Book Signing at Matt’s House